Consultation – Admissions Policy 2022-23
The consultation period is now closed and outcome will be available on the 29 February 2021.
JFS school is consulting on its admissions arrangements for 2022/23
The main changes to our admissions arrangements are to the Certificate of Religious Practice (CRP) form, which is used to demonstrate eligibility for a priority faith place in our school.
The changes being proposed are:
- To return to accepting verified synagogue attendance as a way to gain CRP points, which was not possible for admissions cycle 2021/22 while synagogues were closed during lockdown.
- To remove the exemption that applied in admissions cycle 2021/22 to the sibling of an older applicant to the school who had previously demonstrated faith eligibility, (i.e, who completed a CRP form for the school to which the sibling / current applicant is applying), which meant that they were not required to accrue CRP points. Siblings will return to the previously established position of needing to complete a CRP form themselves.
- To extend the window during which CRP points can be obtained.
- To provide a number of options of dates for participation in the online CRP course.
The elements of our arrangements that are not changing are:
- Maintaining the section of the CRP form that enables self-declared attendance at online services on Friday evenings (Kabbalat Shabbat) or the eve of festivals (before the commencement of the festival), in order to provide an option in the eventuality that places of worship are closed again as a result of the pandemic or for any other reason.
- All other elements of the CRP form are not changing, including the sections on Jewish education and volunteering.
- Our Published Admission Number remains 300.
- All other elements of our published admissions arrangements, including our Admissions Policy and Supplementary Information form, remain the same.
Please click below on the supporting documents:
The governing body welcomes your responses to this proposal, which should be submitted to Mrs Arora, Admissions Officer by email to email@example.com . Alternatively, you can send your comments by post to JFS, The Mall, Kenton, Harrow HA3 9TE.
Please ensure that any comments are submitted by 19 January 2021 in order for the Governing Body to consider these and determine the final admission arrangements by 28 February 2021.