Wellbeing at JFS
SUPPORTING PARENTS HELPFINDER
Times are tough for many people right now. Parents find themselves pulled in many different direction and children may be struggling being in the house for so much longer than usual.
A mixture of concern about covid, work from home and children at home, along with a possible financial impact make for a stressful household. Young Minds have created a useful ‘Supporting Parents Helpfinder’.
By answering six questions, parents can find out how to support their child’s mental health during the pandemic (and beyond). Find the help by clicking here.
It’s Good to Talk!
Sometimes it is difficult to describe and talk about how you are feeling. Ask your child to point to where they feel they are at on the charts below. This this may make it easier to engage in a discussion about they are feeling.
Better Health – Every Mind Matters
Public Health England are launching the Better Health – Every Mind Matters campaign to support the nation’s mental wellbeing with the encouragement that “When things aren’t so good out there, make inside feel better”.
The campaign is being supported by the NHS, local authorities and a range of mental health charities, health organisations as well as other charities and commercial sector partners.
The Every Mind Matters platform has been continuously updated to support people during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Self Isolation Wellbeing Tips
Even in the cold leave the house to breathe some air, look at a tree or the sky, move your body:
10 minutes Yoga with Adriene:
a Joe Wicks full body workout:
Suggested support services, available for advice and help, during these particularly challenging times:
- Shout – Crisis helpline and text service. giveusashout.org
- Kooth – Online counselling service. kooth.com
- ChildLine – confidential support telephone service. 0800 1111
- No Panic – Support for anxiety disorders, panic attacks, phobias and OCD. Tel; 0330 606 1174 nopanic.org.uk
- Young Minds – Website offering support and resources to young people and parents. youngminds.org.uk
- The Mix – Online/telephone counselling support for young people. 0808 808 4994. TEXT: 85258. themix.org.uk
- Jami – Provides practical and emotional support for the mental health of the Jewish community. jamiuk.org
- Samaritans – a 24hour service supporting people going through any difficulties. Free Tel: 116 123 samaritans.org
- Check out and follow the JFS Instagram page – @jfs_wellbeing
Additional Support Available: Support Lines Directory Jewish Community And Wider Voluntary Sector
In the event the you, or family members do need to self-isolate, these tips from our Wellbeing Practitioner may prove helpful :
The School provides a Wellbeing Service at JFS to support both students and parents alike. We are very fortunate to have the following colleagues who form part of the team:
Emotional Wellbeing Practitioner
Please click here to see further details of our Wellbeing Service and contact details of external support agencies.
Please follow our Instagram account @jfs_wellbeing, where we will be sharing thought provoking and inspirational memes and quotes relating to wellbeing.