JFS is committed to whole school approach to wellbeing for students, staff and parents; encouraging a wellbeing culture and awareness that is weaved throughout the fabric of the school. Our intention is to prioritise the wellbeing by providing safe spaces for our students and staff to be seen and heard, such as the Wellbeing Suite, Inclusion Room and Health Hut .
We support our students to build their resilience and self-regulation through teaching them the tools they can apply to raise their own wellbeing and happiness; resulting in flourishing young people. We have a comprehensive programme that is delivered in each Year Group to support this. We support students to develop a strong sense of positive wellbeing. We want to ensure students know who to turn to when in need of support, this could be anything from having a tough day, going through a crisis or feeling that you are not able to cope. In addition we are committed to teaching and imparting tools and ways that empower our young people, to support themselves and their wellbeing.
Please see below our regular updates from our Emotional Wellbeing Practitioner
Meet the Wellbeing Team:
Rabbi Howard Cohen
Deputy Headteacher – Wellbeing
Mr Raynn Bruce
Designated Safeguarding Lead and Responsible for Wellbeing
Miss Miriam Saffer
Ms Nikki Levitan
Emotional Wellbeing Practitioner
Mrs Nicki Cohen
Mental Health Practitioner
Ms Anita Parmar
Miss Marcia Jones
Please also note that each Year group has a dedicated Pastoral Team including Heads of Year, Assistant Heads of Year, Pastoral Support Officers (non-teaching) and a dedicated team of Form Tutors.
There is also a fantastic team of Sixth Form and Year 10 buddies as well as peer mentors.
For further information on our wellbeing provision please refer to the attachments below.
What is Wellbeing?
Wellbeing is the state of being comfortable, healthy and happy. Wellbeing includes our body, mind, and spirit.
How I support:
- Consult on a whole school approach to wellbeing: Culture, curriculum and calendar of wellbeing awareness events
- Coaching sessions
- Positive Interventions with students and teachers
- Teaching positive psychology and wellbeing through interactive and experiential lessons and workshops
- Training up students and teachers with wellbeing tools
- Supporting teachers with positive classroom management and form time activities
- Being a safe space for students to seeks support
- Meditation using Non Violent Communication (NVC)
- What I am bringing acts as more of a prevention to mental health. The programs I will provide increases many areas of emotional wellbeing.
Topics and Areas Covered in Wellbeing:
An introduction to Positive Psychology and the road map to wellbeing the PERMA model (Positive Emotions, Engagement, Relationships, Meaning and Accomplishment)
- Positive approach to exams
- Exam stress reduction
- Teen Yoga
- Self Esteem and confidence building
- Kindness and compassion
- Social action
- Goal Setting
- Time management
- Career coaching
- Life skills
- Creating a Routine
- Organisational skills
The School provides a Wellbeing Service at JFS to support both students and parents alike. We are very fortunate to have the following colleagues who form part of the team:
Emotional Wellbeing Practitioner
Please click here to see further details of our Wellbeing Service and contact details of external support agencies.