EXPLAINING THE IMPACT OF COVID-19 at JFS SCHOOL
- During lockdown work was uploaded onto the school’s homework app.
- The timetable was reduced from 60 minute lessons to 30 minute lessons.
- Blended learning consisted of a mixture of live lessons taught via Microsoft Teams, pre-recorded content and written content uploaded to the homework app.
- Students did not have the usual access to the provision of one-to-one lessons or the ‘action and intervention’ that would have been provided normally.
- It was difficult to monitor and provide support to FSM, PP and EHCP students.
- Pre-lockdown, students had 60 minute lessons and regular access to teachers in either one-to-one settings or in ‘action and intervention’ lessons which took place at lunchtime and after school.
- Not all students had equal access to technological provision at home.