Safeguarding at JFS
Safeguarding at JFS
A culture of Safeguarding and Vigilance
At JFS the safety, health and wellbeing of every child is our priority. All staff, governors, visitors and volunteers are expected to share this commitment to a culture of safeguarding and vigilance, so our students feel secure and well cared for and in turn, reach their maximum potential. At JFS we are clear that everyone is responsible for safeguarding and that “it could happen here.”
Safeguarding legislation and government guidance says that safeguarding means:
- Protecting children and learners from maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of children’s and learners’ health or development
- Ensuring that children and learners are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care.
Safeguarding at JFS is intrinsic in all that we do which includes site security, behaviour for learning, safety in lessons and in the playground, school trips, anti-bullying and through our curriculum.
We listen to our students and take what they tell us seriously. Our staff are trained in child protection and safeguarding best practice and our students know they can talk to any member of staff if they have a concern. We have a team of trained Designated Officers and a Designated Safeguarding Lead. See the information below for details of how to get in touch with our Safeguarding Team.
JFS are committed to working hard to reduce all the kinds of harm that children may suffer, including abuse, bullying, discrimination and sexual violence and harassment. If you have any concerns at all about the safety or welfare of a child, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mrs Cristalina Fernandes-Bates
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mrs Lelanie Grobler
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead: Miss Gita Patel
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mr Paul Ramsey
The contact details for the Safeguarding Leads are:
Telephone: 020 8206 3100 Ext: 3262
JFS Year Teams:
Our Pastoral Teams are Safeguarding trained and can also be contacted for specific queries about students in their year group.
|Year 7||Year 8||Year 9||Year 10||Year 11||Year 12||Year 13|
|Head of Year||Ms Lerner||Mrs Hancock||Mr Donald||Ms Patel||Ms Rigby||Ms Buckle||Ms Davis|
|Assistant Head of Year||Miss Sage||Miss Hassam||Mr Kagan||Mr Hampson||Ms Kelly|
|Ms Soffer||Ms Hyer||Ms Sarwar||Ms Habane||Miss Mabika||Mrs Brummer|
Please click on the following topics to access further information and help:
- Safeguarding in the Curriculum
- Online and E-Safety
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Relationships, Sex Education and LGBTQ
- Gangs and Serious Youth Violence
- Drugs and Alcohol and Tobacco
- Eating Disorders
- Sexual Violence and Harassment