The following are the only official suppliers of JFS School Uniform:
Uniform4Kids – 1103/1105 Finchley Road, Temple Fortune, NW11 0QB – Tel: 020 8209 0999
Lyons School Shop – 242 Hertford Road, Enfield, EN3 5BL – Tel: 020 8804 3627
Pullens – 48-50 Church Road Stanmore HA7 4AH – Tel: 020 8954 3850
The website address for the School Uniform suppliers is www.uniform4kids.com
We thank parents for supporting their child in adhering to the school uniform regulations that also works to meet the religious ethos of the school under the auspices of the United Synagogue. Students are ambassadors of our school and dress and behave in a way that reflects our high standards. We work very hard to make sure everyone is fully aware of our uniform rules and if we ever change any detail of our uniform, we will let you know by means of an email or letter, but not through your child. All students in Years 7-11 inclusive must wear the school uniform stated and items that do not meet the expectation will be confiscated. Please contact your child’s Head of Year if you have any queries about what is not permitted. From September 2021, we will only have one uniform, not two. In the summer months, when it very hot, we will consider a relaxation of these rules.
The table below shows the list of items that are required during Years 7 to 11. Please take note of which items are prohibited in our uniform policy. All items are available from the school uniform shop unless stated.
|Coats or jackets||Plain, dark and preferably with reflective strips – (any supplier)||No denim or leather jackets or hooded tops|
|Winter Scarves and hats||Dark colours – (any supplier)||No caps or other headwear|
|Bag||Plain black/Navy blue/Grey A4 sized sturdy school bag or backpack||No large logos|
|Blazer||JFS official blazer, with school badge – (school supplier)|
|Shirt||Plain light blue collared – (any supplier)|
|Tie||House tie (red/blue/green/yellow stripe – (school supplier)|
|School trousers for boys||Black loose fitting school trousers – (any supplier)||No jeans, lycra, skinny trousers, leggings, jeggings, combats or flares are permitted|
|School skirt for girls||John Hall/Winterbottom navy, A-line skirt with inverted pleat at front and back (must cover the knee)||Rolled or altered skirt. Skirts may not be worn shorter than on the knee|
|Jumper (optional)||Navy blue V neck – (any supplier)|
|Ankle Socks/Tights for girls||Plain black (any supplier)|
|Shoes||Plain black leather/leather look polishable shoes* – (any supplier)||No canvas, suede, or trainers. Please see information and images below|
|Kippah||Kippah worn with a clip|
|Polo shirt||JFS official navy polo shirt – (school supplier)|
|Shorts||JFS official navy shorts – (school supplier)|
|Socks||Short white sports socks or long navy football socks – (any supplier)||No black socks or school socks can be worn|
|Trainers||Trainers (any colour) with non-marking soles – (any supplier)||Trainers are defined as those which “demonstrate effective grip, support and reasonable protection” (From: Safe Practice in Physical Education and Sport). For example, a ‘cross’ trainer or running shoes that are suitable for a wide range of activities. This does not include plimsolls, pumps, converse style pumps, or any trainer that goes above the ankle|
Rain jacket Tracksuit top
Long sleeve base layer Training trouser
Base layer leggings
JFS panelled rain jacket -(school supplier)
JFS long sleeve base layer – (school supplier)
JFS base layer leggings – (school supplier)
Please also be aware of the following, in regard to our uniform policy:
Hair must be appropriate, presentable and safe for school. In relation to this the following applies:
- Hair must be the student’s natural colour with no extreme styles, design or colour. Extreme styles will be decided by JFS
Only the following jewellery is permitted:
- Wristwatches (not smart watches)
- One small gold or silver non-jewelled stud earring worn in each ear lobe. No other piercings are allowed (e.g. nose studs or other facial piercings) and students will be asked to remove them immediately
- All non-permitted jewellery will be confiscated and returned at the end of
Jewellery in PE Lessons
Personal effects, such as jewellery, religious artefacts, watches and so forth, should always be removed to establish a safe working environment.
- Students are expected to be smart and presentable at all times with blazers on, shirts tucked in, skirts unrolled, unaltered and covering the knee and ties done up properly. This includes travelling to and from school when they are representing the
- Please ensure all items of uniform and PE kit are clearly labelled with the student’s
Make-up and Fingernails
- Make-up is not permitted. Students will be asked to remove make-up, including false eyelashes, which are not
- Fingernails must be short and unpainted. Nail extensions must not be worn. Students will be asked to remove nail varnish and nail extensions.
- Shoes must be FORMAL in style, flat, black and leather/leather-look, and they should be polishable.
- No canvas, suede or trainer looking shoes are allowed. Stitching and laces should be plain black so that no other colours are visible on the shoe.
- Students who arrive at school without the correct footwear will not be admitted into lessons whilst still wearing them.
- If there is a medical reason why the student cannot wear the correct school shoes for a prolonged period of time – i.e more than two weeks – then we require a medical note. This can be provided from a podiatrist or other relevant member of the medical profession and the school will then review on a case by case basis.
- Please note that footwear being sold under the banner of ‘School Shoes’ does not necessarily comply with our standards – if in any doubt, please do check with us before purchasing.
Please be aware that this has changed from what was previously permitted e.g. Adidas Stan Smith school are now not allowed.