Year 11 Geography visit to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
PROPOSED VISIT TO QUEEN ELIZABETH OLYMPIC PARK II
A visit to Queen Elizabeth II Olympic Park on Tuesday 16th or Wednesday 17th October (depending on class group) is being arranged to enrich the Geography curriculum for Year 11 students. Mr Waterhouse will lead this visit.
The details are as follows:
|·||Time and Place of Arrival:||9.30 am||Stratford Underground Station (please see attached information)|
|·||Time and Place of Dismissal:||15:30 pm||Stratford Underground Station|
|·||Mode of Travel:||Public Transport to Stratford Underground Station (see attached for details)|
|·||Dress:||Clothes suitable for outdoor field work. Girls may wear trousers.|
|·||Food:||Please provide a kosher packed lunch along with water.|
We are asking that students meet us at Stratford Underground station (information below) at 09.30. Students will be dismissed at Stratford Underground station at 3.30pm. Most students will use the tube to go to Stratford however if they are not comfortable travelling on the underground they can meet Mr Waterhouse at Kingsbury Underground station at 0830 in order to travel accompanied to Stratford Underground station. Please contact Mr Waterhouse via email by Wednesday 10 October 2018, if you would like your child to be accompanied to Stratford.
It goes without saying that the highest standards of dress and behaviour will be expected from each student in accordance with the JFS School Rules.
In order to cover the expenses of this visit, we are requesting a voluntary contribution of £41.00 from parents of students who will be involved. Students will be travelling on the tube on this day – please ensure they have enough money on their Oyster card to cover a return journey to Stratford.
Please note that, while the School always strives to keep the cost of visits to a minimum, certain costs are sometimes unavoidable. These may include: ticket or entrance fees for museums, external provider fees (e.g. field study centres), coach hire or train fares; the cost of supply cover for the classes of teachers accompanying the visits and security. The school has some limited funds which are used to subsidise some visits in order to make the cost more reasonable for parents.
If you are willing for your child to go on this visit, please log in to your ParentPay account to make payment and to give consent, no later than Wednesday 10 October 2018 . By doing so you are agreeing to the following (please read the details about the Medical Form carefully):
I have submitted a Medical Form for my child and the details are unchanged. If the Medical Form held by the School requires updating please download a blank Medical Form from the School Website and complete and return it to JFS Reception.
- My child has not, to my knowledge, been in contact with any contagious or infectious diseases or suffered from anything in the last four weeks that may be or may become contagious or infectious.
- I shall liaise with my child’s teacher if I am unable to meet the cost.
- I understand the arrangements and accept, as a parent, my responsibility in ensuring that my child complies with them.
The Governors wish to make it clear that, in line with the School’s Charging Policy, no student will be omitted from this activity if his/her parents are unable or unwilling to help meet the costs of the visit. If, however, the School does not receive the support of parents generally in this area, it may not be possible to hold the visit.
Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me in the first instance.
Ms L Williams
Head of Faculty for Humanities
Instructions for students from Jubilee exit at Stratford to our meeting point:
The meeting point for students is 9.30am at the Westfield exit of Stratford tube station. This is on the lower ground floor of Westfield and outside M&S food section and opposite ‘Eat’ and ‘Starbucks’. Here are the detailed instructions on how to walk from the Jubilee Line exit at Stratford to this meeting point. This is a 3 minute walk.
- Immediately from exiting the jubilee line platforms students should follow the signs ahead/slightly to the left to ‘Olympic Elizabeth Park Westfield Stratford City.‘ Do NOT go up the stairs.
2. This will take you through a long tunnel. Keep going straight through the tunnel; there are ‘straight on’ signs for Westfield every few metres.
3. At the end of the tunnel there are escalators. At the top students go right towards the ticket barriers (there is no other direction to go) and this will exit students to the Westfield entrance.
4. Immediately after the tube station ticket barriers we will meet the students. They should go and find their class teacher to register. There will be an ‘Eat’ cafe in front of them and the entrance to Westfield shopping centre on their left and they will see ‘M&S’ and ‘Starbucks’ to the left (through some doors).
If students arrive early, there are some toilets inside Westfield shopping centre on the right, just past Starbucks; they are well sign posted. Students need to ensure however they are back to the meeting place at 9.30am in good time to register with their teacher.